Friday, January 29, 2016

Rants and Rambles: Weight Bashing.. Just stop


When you hear weight bashing I am sure you are thinking someone is bashing another for being big. Well that is not the only form of weight bashing. Telling someone they are too skinny and should “Eat a Burger” Is just as much a weight bash as telling someone they should “hit the gym”.
First off who asked for your opinion anyways? Not me. My weight has always been up and down. The happiest weight I have been at is 115 and the highest I have been is 135. Here is the deal. It doesn’t matter what others think because they are not in my body or in fact my life. You don’t see every meal I eat nor do you know how sick I feel when I am at 130. I have recently been teetering on the 130 so I decided to join a gym. While trying to talk to people about my goals with joining the gym all I got was “What are you talking about? You are so skinny. You don’t need to lose weight” and it just puts me into a rage. Do you see me naked? No. Do you have to live in my body? No. It’s not even about my weight it’s about how I view myself and the plain fact is my not happy when I see myself naked. So I chose to do something different rather than sit in my insecurity and be miserable. It is not a compliment to tell someone they are too skinny. That is the same thing as calling someone fat. It is you inserting an opinion that was not asked for.

So next time you think about commenting on someone’s weight just remember you are inserting your opinion where it wasn’t asked for. Now if I was withering away and not eating then yes of course someone close to me should confront me. Not some random person I barely know commenting on my pictures asking if I’m eating. Yes I am thank you very much.

1 comment: