Sunday, January 31, 2016

Do you want a wedding or marriage?

Over the last few years I have noticed that a lot of my friends are getting engaged. Most I have been overwhelmingly happy for. It is something that should be celebrated! Love is in the air. I love weddings and I love watching two people in love join in such a serious commitment. The ones I have been truly excited for are the ones who of course are excited about being a princess for a day but they truly glow when they talk about being able to spend the rest of their lives with the person that they love. The wedding is the second perk for them.
Then there are those that the only thing they really are focused on is the wedding. What their dress looks like… what kind of cake they will be eating… what the bridesmaids are wearing… All of those things we dream of as little girls. That is all very exciting stuff and I love hearing all of the details. It’s all very exciting. But one thing that I can’t help but notice is them not talking about the most important part of all of this. The marriage…. They seem completely oblivious to what happens after the wedding. They are in this dream like state of being in a white gown and the whole room staring at the beauty of them.. I don’t blame them for that because let’s be honest what woman doesn’t want that?
Out of all of this blissful happiness I have notice there is a difference between these women. Some truly want to be married and live in the reality of what that means. Then there are those that want a wedding and don’t seem to be aware that they are making one of the biggest commitments of their life. All they see is flowers and glitter. Not forever and always. One thing that made me notice this was I almost did it myself. I was actually in a very sick relationship but I wanted a wedding. I didn’t think about all of the responsibility that comes with it. Thank God I woke up before I actually went through with it. I am not saying that women that are really excited about their princess wedding don’t understand that they are getting married also I have just noticed that some have forgot that they are also getting married.

My point is if you are wanting to get married to someone. Make sure you want to actually be married and not just want a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment